Saturday 10 March 2018

Chicken or Choc | Lime & Honey chicken stir fry recipe

As I have more and more deadlines creeping up on me and working on uni and personal projects, I really just don’t have the time for fussy, lengthy cooking recipes but I love trying out new things. So here is a recipe to keeping it simple but having great tasty food.

Today I am going to be sharing with you my lime and honey chicken stir fry recipe. I love this recipe because of the combination of something so sweet and something so tangy as well as all of the ingredients being on the cheaper end and highly accessible.



You will need:
1 breast of chicken
2 limes
Honey
Sharwood noodles
1 bell pepper
1 carrot

For the marinade
Salt
Pepper
Sesame seeds
Olive oil


You can start by boiling the water to prep for you noodles to go in. whilst that is boiling, we can prep for the other ingredients.

Start by cutting your chicken into cubes and placing it in a bowl with some olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika. Then, place it in the fridge to set.

For the marinade, juice your two limes into a bowl. Then add some olive oil, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon and a half of honey and some sesame seeds. These are optional. Then whisk those all together and put that in the fridge to set.

You can also cut up your pepper and shred your carrot at this point.

Add your noodles to the boiling water then strain and leave to one side.

Back in the same pot, add a bit of oil with some onions and garlic. Once all of that has softened, add your chicken and cook and until 95% done.

You can then add your noodles back in with the pepper and carrots and mix until everything is evenly spread around.

Then add the marinade half at time and again, make sure to mix that all in thoroughly. Once you have heated that through you can serve and enjoy!

I made this for a lunch with my favourite girls and I get a thumbs up approval from all of them. What’s great about this recipe is again it is really customisable, and I also made a vegan version too.

As always, if you want to follow along in video format, check out the video below so you can watch me make it too.



I hope you guys enjoy this and have a great weekend!



*this post and video was created in collaboration with coop. i am currently a brand ambassador for them. for more details, check my pr/disclaimer page.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig