Saturday 3 February 2018

Winter Warmers | Sweet potato & lentil curry recipe

Finally you guys know that I will be working with Coop for the foreseeable future, creating recipes that are student friendly. You guys know I love to experiment with my cooking and share affordable big batch recipes with you guys. So here is the first of many more to come.

Today’s theme is winter warmers and I decided to give you all the details on how I make my sweet potato and lentil curry. What I love about this is that you can make it in a big batch, its suitable for vegetarians and vegans and is completely customisable to your taste buds.



You will need:
1 onion or pre-chopped onions
1 garlic or 1 tsp of garlic granules
1 tsp of mild or hot curry powder
1 sweet potato
¾ of a tin of lentils
1 tin of chickpeas
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
500ml vegetable stock cube
Handful of spinach
Rice or wholegrain and quinoa rice
Salt and pepper to season
Olive oil or carotina oil

You want to star by combining your onions and garlic with some olive oil and once that has softened, add on teaspoon of curry powder and mix together

Then add 500ml of vegetable stock, the tin of chopped tomatoes and the chopped sweet potatoes and boil for 30mins until the sweet potatoes are soft.

After, add your tin of chickpeas, handful of spinach and lentils and then soften for another 5 to 10 mins.

Salt and pepper to taste and add your rice and you are done.

I have made a small video to accompany this post which you can see below. there will be many more to come so make sure you are following via bloglovin


Such a simple meal and can easily be done on a budget and completely customisable. I hope you guys enjoy cooking this and let me know if you happen to make it.







*this post and video was created in collaboration with coop. i am currently a brand ambassador for them. for more details, check my pr/disclaimer page.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig