Friday 6 October 2017

Friday Favourites #2

Hello and welcome back to another Friday’s favourites post. I really enjoyed creating the last one and I think it makes me really aware (every so often) of the things that I just keep going back to or have added to making my life that little bit easier.

Favourite items

Firstly, is my iPad. This might seem like an unusual item to put on such a pedestal but as being more of a Samsung person over an apple one, the ipad is the most recent addition to my gadgets collection and not only did it save me when I had no internet in china (that was a real rough patch with 90% of things being blocked) it’s great for watching videos in the morning, getting work done on train journeys and even for the occasional lectures. Never thought I needed something like this in my life untill now but it has proved to be a great asset.


My panda headband is another recent edition from my trip to china but after years of getting face cream in my hair and getting kinks in it with hairbands, I resorted to a somewhat cute headband to get me going with my daily routine. Not the cutest panda faces I have ever seen but if it does the job, it’s a keeper.


What I’m watching

Netflix is pretty much my regular tv app of choice and I have been really getting into a few of the new releases. The first is The Good Place with Ted Danson and Kristin Bell, dispelling the perceived ideas about heaven and hell and putting those already dead through the works. Only one season and a bit in, I am excited to see where the episodes go and what twists happen next.


Having taken a break from American horror story with hotel being the least of my favourite ones, Roanoak is what I had secretly been holding out for. The style it is filmed in is definitely unconventional but from a critic’s point of view, a style with potential and gives the series a new lease of life. Some of your old favourites are back with a few new faces thrown in there and it deffo one I think you should give a go…even if AHS isn’t your favourite thing.


How could I forget the confession tapes? If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I love murder mystery programmes and cases so as soon as this came through, I clicked on it straight away. It went into a little more depth about some of the cases I already had prior knowledge and even if it’s not your genre, it’s really interesting just to see how these are used or thrown out within the justice system.


Let’s eat

Bringing in a little home cooking this week as I am trying to keep my weekly expenses to a minimum, this is one of my many bulk dishes that I make and it’s a lentil and sweet potato curry. I use a recipe from online which I will link here but it’s always good to add your own little touch to it


I like to add some spinach to the mix as well as serving it with some wholegrain rice with quinoa. I uses ones out of the packet as I am not that great of a cook but in general, I have just loved taking recipes and adding my own little spin to it. This dish also works great if you have a busy week and need a few quick easy meals for even on the go.

Fashion favourites

I am loving Primark’s clothing range at the moment and I am going to do a new in haul very soon so you will see it all there but Primark’s Instagram page is just giving me all of the feels right now. Just look and tell me you don’t want it all.



Something to think about

“what you are feeling matters”

Every emotion and feeling that you have is valid. And you should allow yourself to feel it. Feel like crying for an hour? Go and go it, let it out of your body and if necessary, let those around you see it. Only once you let go can you give yourself the strength to keep going.


I hope you all have a great weekend and I’ll see you very soon with a new post 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig