Thursday 14 September 2017

My wishlist and wardrobe updating ft. Shoptagr

I don’t think it is any surprise to you guys that I love to shop. I have done countless hauls via the blog and YouTube and some that don’t even make it because I don’t want to seem like a crazy person. Now that I am going into my third year at university (omg I feel so old typing that) I have come to realise that fast fashion really has done its damage on me and I want to build upon what I already have. I have really gotten into making personal wishlists and thinking about items I want to get. To help me do this I have been using the website and app shoptagr.

If anyone remembers wantworthy (shoutout to old school bloggers here), it operates in the same way in that it’s a platform where you can save your desired items to one page and then go back later to shop them. They have a notification system too so if anything goes out of stock or on sale etc. they tell you. With the transitional period, there isn’t a need for a completely new wardrobe but for a few new items and basics for me to keep in time with trends and stay that little bit warmer in the colder months.


So as you can see I have pretty much everything on there from my new laptop that I wanted to remember the name of to tops and slogan tees. This way, I am not scouting each shop forgetting what I have put in my basket. On the flip side of that, I forget what’s in my basket and when I go back I can think what I really need and how much I want to invest into each individual item.


I also have the mobile app on my phone so when I’m out and about and have the urge to buy something, I can go back to my wishlist and make more useful purchases that will benefit me and my wardrobe in the long run. With shoptgr being linked with thousands of websites, you can save anything from fashion to homeware to beauty products and have your own little wishlist library in the palm of your hands.

Having used this system for about a month already, I have now found a great list of things that will benefit me in the long run. You can check out my whole list here: but here are just some of the things on the top of my list.


Creating your own wishlist: curated and money saving

I really thought about all the things I had seen my favourite celebs wearing, as well as bloggers and paying close attention to the fashion forecast and had kept on seeing things that I knew would work with my personal style (need help finding your personal style? Click here) or things that we coming around again from the year before. Adding them all to the wishlist kind of scratched the itch I had to go shopping and just see everything and seeing it all in one place from different sellers helped me see what I was sure or unsure of. I also thought about where I could get it cheaper. Like the check blazer and Zara coat I have on my wishlist, I know I want them but Primark have them cheaper and I know these are going to be seasonal as well as trend pieces so I won’t invest too much in them. Plus, I have never had an issue with Primark things not lasting which works for my bank balance. Wishlists are also a great place to play around with different trends and colours etc. You aren’t committing to anything especially as you aren’t shopping directly on the site and gives you room to experiment with different things for the autumnal season. I have kept everything in a very monochromatic colour palette as I have some items left over from last year as well as the summer season to help inject different colours and textures into my wardrobe mix, even if it is through simple accessories.

So that’s how I am cutting down my shopping habits with shoptagr and curating the perfect autumnal wardrobe. On Sunday (fingers crossed) I’m going to have a post about transitioning your clothes from summer to autumn so I hope that both combined will be useful, help you save some money and find a new way to window shop. I recommend also checking out my #fashionfebruary playlist for more inspiration.


Much love x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig