Sunday 26 February 2017

Personal style, a letter to you | #fashionfebruary

I 100% get it.

Finding your personal style can be hard. It’s like finding who you are a person and where you fit into society. You want your personal style to embody you, to describe who you are to others, but to make you feel fabulous in your own skin.

Fashions fade but style is eternal. One of those quotes that gets used all the time but its true. It can be hard to keep up with trends but find what looks good on you. At the end of the day, you can wear what ever you want. Fuck what everyone else says. But that little voice in the back of your mind can sometimes just nag at you saying you cant wear that or you are too fat for this trend or you don’t have enough boobs for this top or even not enough ass for these jeans.


As I have gotten older, dressing has become more and more difficult. I want to be someone that I am not. To be honest I have all the power to change that but mentally, I am not there yet. So in the mean time I have to work with what I got. By big boobs, my big ass and overall by big self.

Fashion has only recently started to catering to those that are on the other end of the spectrum and it is soo much nicer knowing that I can browse a website and find someone that looks like more or is my size (with a few exceptions. We still have a long way to go)

To those of you struggling every day in the clothes department, you are beautiful, you can wear that trend and you own it. The fashion industry doesn’t have a clue about what real women and men look like. To those of you with a body that society deems perfect, I envy you. But I am more thankful that 
I get to live a life than that I don’t look like you. You too are beautiful.

To everyone, embrace your quirks, your curves, your imperfections, your scars. You are only human after all.




I can’t believe we have come to the end of #fashionfebruary. I have had so much fun creating consistent content and if you’ve read one post or them all, thank you. If you want tips on finding your personal style, PLEASE check this post here

p.s. the hoodie is from H&M 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig