Tuesday 26 August 2014

Post 16 | Holy Chic


*WARNING : text heavy post*
I hope the title of this post didn’t sound too formal or off putting or a little frightening but basically, today I wanted to impart some of my wisdom onto you guys. I am now going into year 13 and I thought I would share with you what I learnt about being in year 12

With privileges come responsibilities: yes I know as soon as you get to year 12, you are allowed to do more things but you are also seen as a role model for the rest of the school so try to do your best at that

Wearing your own clothes: it’s all exciting when you get to go shopping for different clothes to wear to school but don’t get hung up on something new to wear every day. No one is paying attention to if you have worn that before. Wear what you want and feel most comfortable in. if you would like some clothes ideas, check out my most recent wishlist post. Making clothes wearable and the simplicity of the outfit is the way to go

Be on the ball: year 12 does matter no matter what people say. If you don’t do well, you don’t go onto year 13. Simples. Not that this should frighten you but time management is key so revise where possible, complete all tasks, take notes, ask for help too if necessary and try and do as much work experience as possible and join in clubs and participate in events around school. Believe me this will help you A LOT. UCAS will start and it might seem overwhelming but you will get the support you need.

Have fun:  I think being treated more like a grown up is what people tend to forget about moving into year 12. You can have fun. Having a social life is a part of it. It’s okay if you want to hang out with friends you are allowed to. Your social life isn’t completely eradicated I promise ;)

What you need: folders, stationary and a shit tonne of paper. I kid you not, you will need a lot of paper if your teachers ask you to have folders. Stay organised with various folders and plans your time effectively

I hope I didn’t make you even more scared for moving into year 12. I promise you, you will enjoy it and remember work hard, play hard. If you work for it, you will get the grades you want in the end

Have a great rest of your day and also enjoy your school year ;) (Also, if you are going into year 7, please enjoy those years in school. They are the easiest, most care free and the best years I promise and guess what, it gets better as you go up the school J )

As I am not going to be doing a back to school series as such, I will link you to my What's in my pencil case, Beauty bag survival kit and my back to school must haves posts if you fancy a browse or need some inspiration but if you do have any back to school post suggestions, please feel free to tell me in the comments (p.s. these are foetus holy chic blog posts so if they are terrible, I can only apologise J)  



Image Map
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig