Tuesday 4 March 2014

Buy and Try: March | Holy Chic


Hello people of the internet.

So it’s the beginning of March and that means that it can only be time for the third instalment of my Buy and Try series. I actually can’t believe we are already into the third month of the year. It’s ridiculous to me.

As per usual, if you don’t know what my buy and try series is, it is basically where every month I will go out (or over the course of the month) and find products that I really want to try. Then in the next post, I will show you some new things that I picked up to try and review the things that I tried in the month before.

But before you continue reading this, I highly suggest that you check out Februarys buy and try post now here so that you can see what the actual products are that I was trying out and also get to know my initial thoughts on the products.

Okay now that hopefully you have done that, I will give you a brief review and my thoughts on everything I tried last month so let’s get started.

1.       Ted Baker Body Lotion:  I absolutely loved this body lotion. And with all those scents of things that I cannot pronounce, it smells amazing. It has a really great creamy consistency and lathers and moisturises the skin well. Highly recommend this body cream.

2.       Cone Henna: I just had a lot of fun with this because I basically had the freedom to do whatever silly picture or design I wanted and even some tattoo design ideas. And for only a pound, it’s just so worth it.

3.       Este Lauder Splash away foaming cleanser: I really really really HATE this product. And that makes me sad because it is such a high end product. It doesn’t polish the skin nor cleanse it very well; it leaves a white cast all over my face and dried out my skin so so much to the point where I didn’t know how to save it from its dryness. And it says for normal/combination skin, I wouldn’t give it a go if you are of combination skin but maybe normal. This just didn’t agree with my skin.

4.       Superdry Neon Purple Female Fragrance: This perfume smells sooo good and it kind of smells like talcum powder but with a sort of rustic floral under scent I guess is the best way to describe it. Last a really long time on the body and great for on the go. Highly recommend this.

5.       Este Lauder Lipstick in the colour Tiger: I just couldn’t get over the not so great smell that is unleashed when you take the cap off of this lipstick. I don’t know why but I just couldn’t do it. But also, it is a very sparkly lipstick and the glitter chunks were just far too big for my liking.

Okay so that is the end of the review of all the products I tried for the month of February. Very mixed but that’s okay.  If you have any additional questions, let me know in the comments and I will try and answer them for you ASAP.

Okay so now on to the products I will be trying out for the month of March.

1.       First I have the Nspa revitalising vitamin toning mist. I bought this in Asda for £3 and I have no idea why but I just felt like it. I wanted to see if it could double up as a makeup setting spray so I will see how that works on top of my makeup.

2.       Next I have the L’Oreal eye makeup remover. This was on offer in Asda for £1.75 from £3 and I just couldn’t pass it up. As I have tried the micellar solution, I wanted to see if this was as good as removing makeup as that was.

3.       Next is the Simple facial gel wash. I bought this in the travel section of Superdrug for about £1.50 and I guess I was a bit of an impulse buy and I have wanted to try it for a while as just a refresher for my skin.

4.       Up top I have the Nivea essential care lip balm which was on offer in Asda for £1 and I just needed a new lip balm as I lost my other one but I just wanted to see how this works really. Still want to try carmex and the nivea lip butters though. What are your thoughts on those?

5.       And finally I have the Nspa nourishing eye and lip treatment. I bought this mostly for the eye treatment bit as my nights are getting shorter and my eyes are getting darker and puffier, I wanted to try something that would help reduce that without having to resort to concealer. I’m all about natural over here. And that was from Asda and again was £3.

So there you have it, all the products I will be trying out for March. Don’t forget to come back beginning of April to find out my overall thoughts and the new products I will be trying out.

If you missed my last post, you can check it out here: http://holychicxox.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/teen-wolf-sick-all-day-err-day-starting.html
check out my lengthy update post so you know what is going to be happening soon and over the course of the year: http://holychicxox.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/333-days-to-go-holy-chic.html
and don’t forget to Februarys Buy and Try post: http://holychicxox.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/buy-and-try-february-holy-chic.html


See you guys with a new post really soon!

Byee

Stay chic - A x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig