Friday 21 February 2014

#FashionFebruaryy Week 3 | The Tartan Edit | Holy Chic

Hello there internet.

Umm ... okay ... I don’t know how to start this really but it is week three of the #FashionFebruary posts and we had to style Tartan with sunglasses. Is that sufficient information? Lets move on swiftly before I start saying irrelevant things.

Being the people pleaser I am, I created four different looks incorporating tartan and a pair of cat eye sunglasses from ASOS so let’s get into the looks


I don’t know why I felt this was an appropriate name but to me, when I see this outfit, I invision a university student. This skirt featured as well as the jacket and shoes are currently on my wish list so I couldn’t not include them. It’s an outfit that I would definitely wear.


I felt like with this coat you can’t really tell the entire outfit is predominantly black. The cult classic red and black tartan is something everyone should have in their wardrobe. I have kind of gone with the look the model is wearing to keep the overall outfit simple and classic. This outfit would be a great for transition from day with the sunglasses for a chic look and to night by just switching the ankle Chelsea style boots for some strappy heels.


Plaid as a layering piece is another great way to incorporate it into your style for a more casual laid back style. I combined the shirt with a plain white top, a basic everyone must have (wait I don’t think I even have one L opps!), some light wash boyfriend jeans, leather jacket, necklace and those boots which I need in my life and finished it off with the sunglasses for a chic city girl look.

Look 4: The Jumpsuit
Jumpsuit
Sandal Heel 
Sunglasses
Jumper
Watch

A basic name yes but I feel not enough attention is given to jumpsuits. Underrated I guess you could say. I kept this outfit mostly black and white for those of you stuck in a rut. I then completed the looked with an oversized gold watch because I felt it was mandatory.  I have no more words for this except it could be dressed up or down by switching up the shoes and jumper for a daytime or evening look.

So that is all of the looks I have created. I hope you liked it and found something there for you. If you did, get involved in the twitter chats using #FashionFebruary and tell me what you thought of my post or perhaps how you would style tartan with some sunglasses of your choice. Also, let me know your favourite look in the comments section below. Keep up with the #FashionFebruary talk here: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23fashionfebruary&src=typd

Come back next week for the final week of the Fashion February posts but until then ...

Missed week one for my Fashion February post? Check it out here: http://holychicxox.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/fashionfebruary-week-2-harem-and-ear.html


Check out my lengthy update post so you know what is going to be happening soon and over the course of the year: http://holychicxox.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/333-days-to-go-holy-chic.html


See you guys with a new post really soon!

Byee

Stay chic - A x

 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig