Monday 23 December 2013

Winter Berry Wars | Lipstick Review | Blogmas #4 | Holy Chic

Hey guys!

So I don’t normally do reviews nor do I normally talk about lipsticks on my blog but hey, it’s good to try new things right?! J

Today I am going to be giving a review of the Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick and the MUA matte lipstick. Now before I go any further, I am fully aware that one is matte and the other one isn’t and that they are bound to be very different but they are similar in colour so I thought I would share my opinion anyways.
so these are just an overall picture of the two lipsticks that I will be reviewing for you today.

 

So I am going to start with the MUA lipstick


 

So this is in the colour Wild Berry and as I stated before, it is a matte lipstick and at the price of £1.99. I had read reviews about this before I purchased it and most of them seemed to be good so I thought it wouldn’t hurt to try it out for myself. But unfortunately I wasn’t impressed at all with this lipstick. The colour isn’t buildable at all which is even more annoying because it applies very weakly (if that makes any sense) and the colour pay off is pretty poor. I don’t even think that the colour is that matte but I will let you be the judge of that. (sorry in advance for the awkward pictures of the lips. I had to do picture taking the day I wasn't well. it was the only available time for me to do it)

 

I will say that I didn't find that it was very drying which is a good thing but it doesn’t last that long on the lips and I didn't find it was that smooth to apply on the lips. I know that it is a matte lipstick and it looks that way in the tube but doesn’t impresses me on the lips.

Okay so now I will move on to the Collection lipstick in Revenge 3  and I think this one was £2.99. I was in Superdrug one day and thought I would treat myself to it.


 

So I preferred this one a lot more. I felt that it was a lot easier to apply and the colour pay off was so much better

 

This lipstick is really smooth and quite a creamy lipstick and not drying like the matte one. But once again I don’t think it lasts that long on the lips and can kind of get a bit messy. But other than that, the lipstick was good and I would recommend it. Plus the packaging is really cute and I’m a bit of a sucker for cool packaging.

So here are just some pictures of them side by side so you can see a little comparison for yourself. (on the left is the MUA lipstick and on the right is the Collection lipstick)



So I have you tried either of those lipsticks? Let me know your thoughts in the commentsJ

So I hope you guys enjoyed this post and if you like reviews or want to see me do more of these in the future, let me know because I would be happy to!



Most recent YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3MJ8htvWJA   


My second to last Blogmas post will be up tomorrow and the final on either Wednesday or most likely Thursday!

Byee

 

 

 

 

 

 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig